I’m so tired and lazy today! It was a long weekend, full of fantastic friends & a whole lot of organic chem homework. I have TONS more homework to do. There is a pile of clean laundry sitting on my bed (waiting to be folded by the laundry fairy) & dishes in the kitchen sink!! Blah, blah, blah…I’m being a drama queen. I had a bunch of basil that has seen better days and I needed to use it up. I really just wanted to order a pizza and call it a night, but, here’s what I managed to throw together. Now I don’t have to feel guilty for drinking more than 6 ounces of wine with my dinner. Cheers to Lazy-a$$-Healthy-Delicious-One-Pan-Dinners!
Lazy Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
- 4 smallish zucchini, cut however you’d like (I made noodles with my spiralizer)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 cups grape/sugar plum tomatoes, sliced in half (I like a lot of tomatoes)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 15 leaves of fresh basil, I cut into slivers with kitchen scissors
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil, minced garlic, and onion.
- Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add pine nuts and sauté for 2 mins. I like the pine nuts to get a little browned.
- Add in zucchini noodles & tomatoes. Sauté until zucchini gets a little tender (about 3 minutes)
- Turn off the heat.
- Add fresh basil, and sauté for 1 more minute. The heat from the noodles etc. will be enough to gently cook the basil.
- That’s it!
Garnish ideas: more basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, feta, nutritional yeast…
Pour yourself a glass of red wine and kick your feet up!