I love the color ‘avocado green’
My first car was an off-white, 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. My grandparents gifted it to me after I passed my driving test. I was thankful to have a car, but it wasn’t hard to let it go… Towards the end of my senior year of high school, I said goodbye to the Cutlass & a big Hello! to my Dad’s high school ride, a ’68 Mustang. It was avocado green. Such a sexy car. I loved every inch of that car. To this day, that old Mustang is by far my favorite car I’ve ever owned. This smoothie is named after that beautiful memory. The combination of avocado and banana make this really creamy!
Avocado Green Smoothie
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small banana (frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds (optional, but I like the extra fiber!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes
Place these ingredients in your blender, in the order listed above. Blend until smooth. Pour into your favorite glass and Bottoms up!
Health Benefits of Avocado:
- An average size Avocado contains 4 grams of protein, pretty high for a fruit.
- 1/2 an avocado contains only 0.2g of sugar, this is super low compared to other fruits.
- Avo’s are packed with vitamin K, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C & Vitamin E.
- They are a great source of potassium.
- And my favorite fact, a medium avocado has about 11 grams of fiber!!! (holy guacamole!)
I know that most people have blenders, and might not have juicers…so I’m going to be sharing a lot more smoothie recipes here on the blog and on my Instagram